1. The chance to write about anything and everything — weddings, the '90s, fashion, beauty, fitness, technology, careers, food, TV, celebrities, relationships... and did I mention the '90s?
2. An office with hot pink accent walls and a fridge full of Diet Coke.
3. The moment when hot celebrity news breaks and I suddenly hear gasps, squeals, and Oh-my-gosh-can-you-believe-it?!s erupting throughout the office. (See: TomKat divorce.)
4. "Call Me Maybe" dance parties. Bowling parties. Photobooths at said parties.
5. The free swag table.
6. Brilliant editors who are happy to share their wisdom and expertise — whether I'm asking about foam rollers, tinted moisturizers, or last night's episode of Gossip Girl.
7. Fellow staffers who share an Internet/social media/pop culture addiction.
8. Champagne tastings. Ice cream tastings. Cake tastings.
9. The opportunity to feel genuinely proud and satisfied with how I spend my days — with what I do, how I do it, and who I do it for. A sense of fulfillment. A sense that I'm in the midst of something big, and on the cusp of something even bigger.
10. Working alongside creative, intelligent co-workers — true experts in their field — who inspire me to be a better woman, both in- and outside of the office.
... Yes, it's true: I love Sugar. I really, really do.